Applied Psychology Laboratory
Director: Evangelos Karademas Professor in Clinical Psychology of Health .
The laboratory was founded in 2004 in order to support Psychology faculty and students in the development and application of quantitative methods for psychological research and practice. It is located in the main campus of the University of Crete in Gallos, Rethymno and includes a sound-proof testing room and a working/observation room. The Laboratory’s computing facilities include experimental design and advanced data analyses platforms including e-Prime, SuperLab, DMDX, SPSS, EQS, LISREL, and AMOS.
Since it’ s inception applied research conducted in the laboratory has produced a number of psychometric instruments designed to assess cognitive and linguistic abilities in children and adults in a variety of settings (schools, special education classrooms, diagnostic centers for learning disabilities, neurology and psychiatry clinics). Tests for school-age children include batteries for the assessment of attention and executive functions, the Greek adaptation of the Peabody Picture Vocabulary test, tests of Spelling, Reading Fluency and Math, and the Emotional Intelligence Scale for Children. Tests designed and standardized in adult populations include the Greek version of the Wechsler Abbreviated Scale of Intelligence, the Wechsler Memory Scale, the Battery of Computerized Tests of Executive Function, the Battery of Vocabulary Assessment Tests, and the Greek version of the Difficulties of Emotional Regulation scale. Psychometric instruments developed (or adapted) and standardized in Greek populations are routinely used in patients referred for neuropsychological evaluation.
- Evangelos Karademas, Faculty Member, Professor
- Theano Kokkinaki, Faculty Member, Professor
- Theodoros Giovazolias, Faculty Member, Associate Professor
- Emmanouil Dafermakis, Faculty Member, Associate Professor
- Olga Themeli, Faculty Member, Associate Professor
- Panagiota Dimitropoulou, Faculty Member, Assistant Professor
- Leonidas Zampetakis, Faculty Member, Assistant Professor
- Dimitrios Nikolopoulos, Faculty Member, Assistant Professor
- Aikaterini Venianaki, Faculty Member, Laboratory & Teaching Staff
- Maria Georgiadi, Faculty Member, Laboratory & Teaching Staff
- Georgios Kandylis, Faculty Member, Laboratory & Teaching Staff
- Spiridoula Dani, Researcher
- Aspasia Papachiou, PhD Candidate
- Iouliani Pachiti, PhD Candidate (ESR)
Web Page: here