- Postgraduate Diploma on Systemic Psychotherapy (4-year Program; PGDip), Systemic Institute of Cyprus.
- Candidate of Ph.D. on Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Crete(2015 – today).
- Master of Science by Research on Clinical Psychology. Department of Clinical & Health Psychology. University of Edinburgh., UK (2012-2013)
- Degree of the Department of Psychology, University of Crete. (2005– 2010)
Doctor Thesis Title
Explicating Emotion Regulation Processes via a Dyadic Design: The Role of the Social Interpersonal Goals in the Interpersonal Emotion Regulation & Co-regulation of Emotional Experiences within Romantic Couples.
This doctoral thesis focuses on the study of the mechanisms of emotion regulation (ER) at both interpersonal and interpersonal levels. By applying a dyadic research model, the present study attempts to investigate the relationship between self-regulation (promotion / prevention) goals, and intrapersonal ER (regulation of one's own emotions) and interpersonal ER (regulation of others' emotions) as individual and dyadic effects. This dyadic design, as well as the multiple methodologies it combines (online survey, e-diaries, data from both partners), are together the greatest advantage of the present research. For statistical analysis of the data, Actor-Partner Interdependence Models; APIM are applied.
- 2016-17 One (1) Academic Year Research Grant-DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst/German Academic Exchange Service), Fellowship with University of Potsdam, Department of Differential Psychology and Psychological Assessment, Germany, Supervisor: Professor Dr Schröder-Abe Michela.
- 2017-18 One (1) Year Scholarship by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) & the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (HFRI).
- Konstantinos Kafetsios (Supervisor)
- Michela Schröder-Abé(Co-Supervisor)
- Panagiotis Kordoutis (Co-Supervisor)
- Kafetsios, Κ., Andriopoulou, P. & Papachiou Α. (2014) Relationship status moderates avoidant attachment differences in positive emotion decoding accuracy. Personal Relationships, 21: 191–205. doi: 10.1111/pere.12026
- Papachiou, A., Schröder-Abé, M., & Kafetsios, K. (2019). Prevention-Regulatory-Goals and Interpersonal Emotion Regulation in Romantic Couples: The Moderating Role of High-Activation Positive Affect. Poster Presentation in International Society for Research on Emotions (ISRE) Conference, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, July 2019.
- Papachiou, A., Schröder-Abé, M., & Κafetsios, K. (2018). “Self-Regulatory Goals and Interpersonal Emotion Regulation in Intimate Relationships: Couple’s Empathy as Romantic Partner’s Emotion Regulation Strategy.” 7th Panhellenic Congress of Counseling Psychology, Counseling Psychology and Socially Vulnerable Groups: Making the Invisible Visible, University of Thessaly, Volos, November 2018.
- Papachiou, A., Schröder-Abé, M., & Kafetsios, K. (2018). Prevention Regulatory Goals and Interpersonal Emotion Regulation in Romantic Couples: Does avoiding risks determine our partner’s emotional experiences and ours? 7th International Congress on Interpersonal Acceptance Rejection (ICIAR), Athens, 2018.
- Kafetsios, K., Papachiou, A., Karaolanis, S., & Serediova, M. (2016). Cultural identity, emotion, and achievement motivations: A cross-gender comparison. International Web-based Conference of Entrepreneurship in Turbulent Times, University of Crete, Chania, Crete, Greece, August 2016.
- Καφέτσιος, K. & Παπαχίου, A. (2011). Attachment orientation and relationship status effects on emotion perception. Biennial conference of the International Association of Relationships Research, University of Illinois, Chicago, July, 2012.
- Papachiou, A. (2010). The Working Attachment Models, the Interpersonal Context, and the Ability to Decode Positive & Negative Emotion, Supervisor: Kafetsios, K., Department of Psychology - University of Crete. 2nd Panhellenic Congress of Student Psychological Research, "New Steps in Psychological Science", April 2010, Thessaloniki.
- Triliva, S., Bursten, K., & Papachiou, A. (2009). Community interventions: An open community dialogue and mutual assistance group. Symposium: Quality Approaches to Addressing Psychosocial Problems. 12th Panhellenic Congress of Psychological Research, "The Contribution of Psychological Research to Modern Society", May 2009, Volos.