I graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy at the Moscow State University (M. Lomonosov). I received my Ph.D. degree from the Faculty of Philosophy at the Moscow State University (M. Lomonosov).
My research interests include cultural historical psychology, critical psychology, the history of psychology, and epistemological problems of psychology.
- University of Crete (2000 – 2004)
- Adjunct professor
- University of the Aegean (2004 – 2005)
- Adjunct professor
- University of Crete (2005 – Today)
- Faculty Member
My research interests are focusing on the history and epistemological foundation of psychology. Particularly, I am interested in epistemological reflection on psychological theories and methodologies.
- General Secretarial for Research and Technology: Supporting basic and applied psychological research (2016-2019)
- ISCAR: Cultural Historical Activity and Sociocultural Research at times of crisis (2016)
- Marie Curie Actions: Global perspective on Learning and Development with Digital Video Editing Media: a Qualitative Enquiry of Everyday lives Of Marginalized Young People. (2013-2014)
- M.Dafermos (2020). Epistemology of Psychology: a Critical Introduction. Athens: Kritiki.
- M.Dafermos (2018). Rethinking cultural-historical theory: a dialectical perspective to Vygotsky. Springer.
- M.Dafermos (2018). Relating dialogue and dialectics: a philosophical perspective. Dialogical Pedagogy, 6, 1-18.
- M.Dafermos, S.Triliva, C.Varvandakis (2017). Youth tubing the Greek crisis: a cultural-historical perspective. In M. Kontopodis,C.Varvandakis & C.Wulf (Eds.), Global Youth in Digital Trajectories. Routledge.
- M.Dafermos (2016). Critical Reflection on the Reception of Vygotsky’s Theory in the International Academic Communities. Cultural-Historical Psychology, 12 (3), 27–46
- M. Dafermos (2015). Rethinking the Crisis in Social Psychology: A Dialectical Perspective. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 9/8, 394–405.
- M. Dafermos (2015). Activity theory. In I. Parker (Eds.), Handbook of Critical psychology. Routledge.
- M. Dafermos (2014). Vygotsky's analysis of the crisis in psychology: Diagnosis, treatment, and relevance. Theory & Psychology, 24(2), 147-165.
- M.Dafermos (2010). The historical development of Psychology. Athens: Guterberg
Courses offered at the Undergraduate Level
- History of Psychology
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Epistemology of Psychology
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Cultural-historical Psychology
- Epistemology of Social Sciences