I graduated from the Department of Psychology at the University of Crete, and from the Department of Primary Education at the University of Aegean. I obtained my MSc and PhD from the University of Crete (Department of Primary Education) in Education Psychology and Research Methods.
- 2008-2017: I was the Head of the Public Centre for Diagnosis and Support to Children with special needs (KE.D.D.Y in Chania, Crete).
- 2011: Tutor – instructor in courses addressed to Members of Counselling Structures and Administrative Structures in the educational system (Ministry of Education).
- 2007-2010: Tutor in courses for Primary and Secondary Education teachers concerning handling students
with learning and behavior problems (Ministry of Education)
- 2004-2009: Tutor in special courses designed for parents (parental skill development) (Ministry of Education).
- 1998-2004: I was trained on family and group counselling by Experts in Mental Health. I participated in a treatment team attending Family Therapy groups at the Centre of Mental Health in Chania
- University of Crete (Department of Primary Education) (2010 – 2012)
- Faculty Member (407/80).
My research interests are focusing on the Educational Psychology (Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, learning difficulties, Collaboration between parents and teachers, systemic approaches for students’ learning difficulties, emotional and behavioral problems).
- Venianaki, A. (2005). Ego-control and Ego-resiliency. Adaptation of Personality test Common Language Q-Set to Greeks . Sciences of Teaching 2, 103-118.
- Venianaki, A. (2011). Ways of handling behaviour problems at school. In Ε. Papanis, P. Giavrimis, & A. Viki (Eds.). Research and teaching practice in Special Education (pp.71-96). Athens :Sideris Publications.
- Venianaki, A. (2011). Decoding of spelling errors comparing female to male students facing or not reading difficulty. In Ε. Papanis, & P. Giavrimis (Eds). Research and educational policy in Special Education (pp.847-858). University of Aegean.
- Venianaki, A. (2011). Decoding and reading comprehension of male and female third grade students of Primary School in the Province of Mylopotamos, Municipality of Rethimnon, Crete. SKEPSI, 4, 275-298.
- Venianaki, A. (2014). Parents’ and teachers ‘agreement on behavior problems in children with reading problems. In C. Pracana (ed.). Psychological Applications and Developments: Proceedings. Advances in Psychology and Psychological Trend Series (pp.165-173). Lisbon: in Science Press.
- Venianaki, A., & Doulia, A. (2016). The content of Collaboration between general education teachers and co-teachers in Elementary Schools. Journal of Education & Social Policy, 3 (3), 88-96.
- Venianaki, A., & Zervakis, S. (2015). Collaboration Practices between Special Education Teachers and Mainstream Teachers in Secondary Education. Journal of Education & Social Policy, 2 (6), 42-46.
- Venianaki, A. & Zervakis, S. (2017). Teachers’ perceptions about the obstacles for the implementation of collaborative practices. Conference proceedings of Socieτy and Education: Relationships under negotiation (Vol.1, pp. 183-190). Educational Region of Crete, Heraklion.
Courses at the Undergraduate Level
- PSY 4721 Writing an academic paper
- PSY 3319 Learning Difficulties
- PSY 3112 The Contribution of Psychological studies to Intelligence in the Educational Process.
- PSY 3320 Emotional Intelligence and School
- PSY 2104 Intelligence: Theories and Theories and Concern for Intelligence.