- Postdoctoral Researcher. Department of Psychology. School of Social Sciences. University of Crete. (Date of Enrollment 16/10/2019).
- Ph.D. in Neuropsychology. Department of Psychology. School of Social Sciences. University of Crete. (2013-2019, Defense Date 11/1/2019).
- M.Sc. Neuroscience. Faculty of Medicine. University of Crete. (2010-2012).
- B.Sc. Psychology. Panteion University of Political and Social Sciences. (2003 – 2008).
I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Psychology of the University of Crete and I have worked in the same department as a contract lecturer PD.407 / 1980. Also, I have worked as a teaching staff in the Specialization Program in Counseling and Orientation of ASPAITE. and as a psychologist in research programs related to the investigation of endophenotypes in the spectrum of schizophrenia (PreMeS study) and in the provision of diagnostic and intervention services to healthy elderly (program for active and healthy aging) and the elderly with mild mental retardation (SKE program).
The joint effects of traumatic life events and schizotypal personality traits on emotion processing.
The aim of this research is to examine the joint effects of four schizotypal personality dimensions (paranoid, negative, disorganized, cognitive-perceptual) and different types of early traumatic life events (emotional, physical and sexual abuse, suboptimal parenting characterized by high overprotection and low care), on (a) emotion recognition, (b) higher cognitive functions (selective attention, working memory, decision making, response inhibition) with emotional correlates in comparison with the same cognitive functions when only logical reasoning is required and (c) reality representation.
The research is funded by the Ministry of Economy and Development, Action “Supporting young researchers with emphasis on young researchers - second phase”.
Giakoumaki Stella, Associate Professor of Clinical Neuropsychology
Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Zouraraki, C., Karagiannopoulou, L., Karamaouna, P., Pallis, E., & Giakoumaki. S. G. (2019). Schizotypal traits, neurocognition, and paternal age in unaffected first degree relatives of patients with familial or sporadic schizophrenia. Psychiatry Research, 273, 422-429.
- Zouraraki, C., Karagiannopoulou, L., Karamaouna, P., & Giakoumaki. S. G. (2017). Schizotypy-independent and Schizotypy-modulated cognitive impairments in unaffected first-degree relatives of schizophrenia-spectrum patients. Αrchives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 32(8), 1010-1025. doi: 10.1093/arclin/acx029.
- Zouraraki, C., Tsaousis, I., Karamaouna, P., Karagiannopoulou, L., Roussos, P., Bitsios, P., & Giakoumaki. S. G. (2016). The effects of differential schizotypal dimensions on executive working memory: a moderated-mediation analysis. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 71, 39-48. doi: 10.1016/j.comppsych.2016.08.010.
- Zouraraki, C., Karagiannopoulou, L., Karamaouna, P., & Giakoumaki. S. G. (2016). Schizotypal Traits in Unaffected Relatives of Patients in the Schizophrenia Spectrum. Hellenic Journal of Psychology, 12, 189-204.
- Giakoumaki, S. G. Karamaouna, P., Karagiannopoulou, L., & Zouraraki, C. (2019, July). The Neurocognitive Profile of Disorganized Schizotypy: Preliminary Findings. Poster Session presented at the FENS Regional Meeting, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Zouraraki, C., Karagiannopoulou, L., Karamaouna, P., & Giakoumaki, S. G. (2018, April). Cognitive functions and schizotypal traits in unaffected relatives of schizophrenia patients: Non-linear effects of familial loading. Poster Session presented at the 1st Panhellenic Conference on Neuropsychology, Athens, Greece.
- Ζouraraki, C., Karamaouna, P., Karagiannopoulou, L., & Giakoumaki, S. (2017, May). Relationship of schizotypy and cognitive impairments in unaffected first-degree relatives of schizophrenia-spectrum patients. Poster Session presented at the 16th National Congress of Psychological Research, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Offered Courses in the Undergraduate Studies in Psychology
Ψ3413 Neuropsychology of Neuropsychiatric Disorders
Ψ4404 Neuropsychological assessment of Dementia
Ψ4403 Neuropsychological Assessment