- PhD Student. Department of Psychology. Faculty of Social Sciences. University of Crete (November 2018 – Present)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Health Psychology. Department of Psychology. Faculty of Social Sciences. University of Crete (2014 – 2017)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology. Department of Psychology. Faculty of Social Sciences. University of Crete (2009– 2014)
Doctoral Thesis Title
Personality, early maladaptive schemas and depression: the mediating role of illness representations and coping strategies.
The main objective of this research is to investigate the role of illness representations and coping strategies on the relationship between depressed patients’ personality traits, early maladaptive schemas and the course and outcome of depression. Utilizing the Five-Factor Model of Personality, Schema Theory and the Common Sense Model of Self-Regulation, we attempt to investigate the extent to which patients' self-regulation processes, which are described as highly dynamic, may be determined by traits and trait-like variables. The project consists of two sub-studies: a prospective study consisting of three phases over a six-month period and an interventional study aiming to improve depressed patients’ self-regulation. Finally, for the needs of this dissertation, we will adapt the “Illness Perception Questionnaire- Mental Health” for Greek patients.
The PhD is self-funded.
- Aikaterini Koutra (Supervisor), Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology, University of Crete
- Evangelos C. Karademas (Co-Supervisor), Professor in Clinical Health Psychology, University of Crete
- Panagiotis-Gavriil Simos (Co-Supervisor), Professor in Developmental Neuropsychology, University of Crete
- Karademas, E.C., Barouxi, E., & Mavroeides, G. (2019). Positive and negative affect and quality of life in cardiac patients and their spouses: The mediating role of illness representations. Psychology & Health, 34(3), 289-305. doi:10.1080/08870446.2018.1525490
- Basta, M., Simos, P., Bertsias, A., Duyker, G., Zaganas, I., Koutentaki, E., Anastasaki, M., Mavroeides, G., Kalomoiri, G., Lionis, C., & Vgonzas, A. (2018). Association between insomnia symptoms and cognitive impairment in the Cretan Aging Cohort. European Geriatric Medicine, 9(5), 697-706. doi:10.1007/s41999-018-0086-7
- Mavroeides G, Koutra K. (2019). Early maladaptive schemas: their role in depression. 6th Panhellenic Conference on Cognitive Therapies, October 11-13, Thessaloniki, Greece [in Greek].
- Mavroeides G., Koutra A. (2019). Illness representations in depression and their associations to clinical outcomes: a systematic review. 17nth Panhellenic Psychological Research Conference, May 15-19, Alexandroupoli, Greece [in Greek].
- Mavroeides G., Kalomoiri G., Plataki D., Giannousi Z., Simos P., Karademas E. (2019). Development and pilot implementation of a psychosocial intervention program for cancer peer-support volunteers. 27nth Panhellenic Psychiatric Conference, April 18-21, Heraklion, Crete, Greece [in Greek].
- Peppa V., Mavroeides G., Koutra K. (2019). Association of family functioning to behavioral and emotional development of school-age children. 27nth Panhellenic Psychiatric Conference, April 18-21, Heraklion, Crete, Greece [in Greek].
- Chalkiadaki K., Basta M., Simos P., Pasparakis E., Stefanakis Z., Mavroeides G., Vgontzas A. (2019). Suicidality in Crete. 27nth Panhellenic Psychiatric Conference, April 18-21, Heraklion, Crete, Greece [in Greek].