I have studied Psychology in the University of Crete. Next, I have accomplished my master’s studies in Clinical Psychology and my Ph.D in the Psychology Department of University of Crete. During my undergraduate studies I have received a state grant and during my graduate studies I have received a grant and a praise from the Psychological Association of Northern Greece, due to the originality and adequacy of my doctoral research. My research interests focus on the study of immigrants and refugees psychological health, as well as on the role of culture on psychological health, psychological disorders, psychotherapy and, interpersonal relationships.
Work Experience/ Applied Work
I have worked in multiple psychological foundations, as well as in schools, and prisons. I have, also, worked in multiple intervention programs for social disadvantaged groups (like Roma and immigrants), and as adult educator, as a counselor for parents and prisoners. Lately, at the same time with my academic work, I am working in my private office as a psychologist, practicing psychotherapy for adult s and counseling for children and family.
My research interests focus on the study of immigrants and refugees psychological health, as well as on the role of culture on psychological health, psychological disorders, psychotherapy and, interpersonal relationships.
- Researcher in the Program «HONORLOGIC” (The Cultural Logic of Honor and Social Interaction: A Cross-Cultural Comparison). Research Supervisor: Ayse K. Uskul. University of Kent, UK (2020-2022).
- Technological Educational Institute of Crete: « The role of couples self-construal in satisfaction from relationship and life satisfaction» (2016-2018):
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens: «Education of Roma Children» (2011-2015 & 2017-2018).
- University of Thessaly: «Education of Repatriates and Immigrant Children» (2012-2013).
- University of Crete: «The role of self-construal and acculturation in psychological health of Albanian and Indian immigrants in Greece (2006-2011).
- Research Institute of Psychological Health of University of Athens : (“Equal Program”) «Attitudes and behaviors of general population towards individuals that recovered from addictions» (2006).
- Kateri, E., Tzouvelas, G., & Karademas, E. (2019). The interplay between acculturation, social support, and psychological well-being of Albanian and Indian immigrants’ in Greece. Journal of Psychiatriki, 30 (4), 311-319.
- Kateri, E., & Karademas, E. (2018). The interplay between self-construal, social support, and psychological adaptation of Indian immigrants’ in Greece. European Journal of Counseling Psychology, 7 (1), 148-164.
- Kateri, E., & Karademas, E. (2017). Acculturation attitudes of Albanian and Indian immigrants in Greece. Journal of the Hellenic Psychological Society, 22 (1), 59-77.
- Κateri Ε. (2015). Abuse and female immigrants (pp. 120-127). In G. Nikolaidis and G. Gouvelas (Eds.), Control and Prevention of Children Abuse and Neglect ion (pp. 120-127). Athens: Institute of Children’s Health.
- Κateri, Ε. (2012). Difficulties of immigrants adaptation: psychosocial and educational directions, Journal of Science of Education, 3, 29-42.
- Kalaitzaki, A.E. Kateri, E., & Pattakou- Parasyri, V. (2012). Identification, Emotional Reactions, and Perceived Threat to Persons With Alzheimer’s Disease. American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias, 00, 1-11.
- Kateri, E. (2011). The relationship between self-construal, acculturation and well-being : psychological adaptation of Indian and Albanian immigrants living in Greece. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Crete, Department of Psychology, Rethymno. Ethnic Archives of Doctoral Dissertations.
- Kateri, E., & Karademas, E. (2009). The influence of self- construal on acculturation of Albanian and Indian Immigrants in Greece : The effects on psychological health. Journal of the Hellenic Psychological Society, 16 (3), 302- 320.
- Kateri, E., & Pourkos, M. (2006). Epistemological considerations about the psycho- educational and psychotherapeutic approach of the cultural other. In M. Pourkos (Ed.), Socio- Historical- Cultural Approaches in Psychology and Education (pp. 597- 622). Athens: Atrapos Publications.
Offered Courses in the Undergraduate Studies in Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Psychosomatic and Somatoform ic disorders (Ψ-3608)
- Theories of Personality (Ψ-1103)
- Clinical Understanding of Personality (Ψ-3620)
- Psychosocial Interventions in Severe Mental Disorders
- Introduction in Psychoanalytic Thought