- PhD Student. Department of Psychology. School of Social Sciences. University of Crete (June 2015 – Present)
- M.Ed. in Gender and New Educational and Work Environments within the Society of Information. Department of Pre-school Education and Educational Design, University of the Aegean, Greece (2011-2014)
- Bachelor’s Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education. School Of Education, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (2003-2006)
- Certification of the teaching qualification “Trainers for Adults of non-formal education”. National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
Doctoral Thesis Title
Psychometric evaluation of Numerical Reasoning using Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT). Methodological approach and practical applications.
The aim of this doctoral thesis is the development of a psychometric instrument for the evaluation of numerical reasoning using Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT).
CAT is the design of software based psychometric instruments that tailor a test to the latent trait level of the examinee -by choosing for each examinee different in number and difficulty items. CATs are very efficient, they provide more accurate latent trait estimates using fewer items than traditional psychometric tests.
Cat construction consists of three basic components. The construction of the item bank, using Item Response Theory, the determination of the specifications to be used in the CAT (i.e. starting point, item selection algorithm, scoring algorithm, termination criterion) and finally the psychometric evaluation of the newly constructed instrument.
- Tsaousis Ioannis (Supervisor, )
- Georgios Sideridis (Co-Supervisor)
- Lamprianou Iasonas (Co-Supervisor)
- Karagianni, M., & Tsaousis, I. (2016). The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Work Engagement in Pre-school Teachers. The Mediating and Moderating Role of Attitudes towards Social and Emotional Learning. Eleftherna (8) 111-148.
- Karagianni, M. (2017). Emotional Intelligence predicts Pre-school Teacher’s Job Satisfaction. In F. Gousias (Eds.), Proceedings of the 4th NEOS PAIDAGOGOS Conference (pp. 3381-3388), Athens: NEOS PAIDAGOGOS.